Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The 2009 Hermosa Beach City Council Election Results Are In

Thank God it's over.  Congratulations to Howard Fishman, Jeff Duclos, and Kit Bobko.  If my calculations are correct, something like 75% of the voters voted for Howard Fishman.  That is a mandate. 

Here are the official results: http://rrccmain.co.la.ca.us/0019_CityContests_Frame.htm

Michael Keegan lost.  Or did slimy politics win?  It's not possible to tell yet.  If the three winners now bow down to Roger Bacon and rubber stamp everything he says, then we will have our answer.  If none of the candidates will consider bringing the Hermosa Beach business tax rates into alignment with similar local towns, then we will have our answer. 

For commenter "Hermosa", and anyone else who thinks that I am ignorant of economic issues, I will be updating my profile, and doing some posts to show you that I have made an attempt at understanding something about this difficult subject.

Now it is my job, for which I have volunteered and for which I receive no car allowance, or health insurance, to make sure everything stays clean.  I look forward to working with Jim at www.VivaHermosa.com, Marianne at www.ThisIsHermosa.com, and of course Joy at Pure, Unadulterated Joy, to cover the issues and uncover the ulterior motives.  All three of them have proven themselves to be dedicated to Hermosa Beach.  I am the new kid on the block, and I am deeply grateful for how willing they have all been to reach out and help me.  If it weren't for the dog and pony show of the elections, these three people should be the new city council.

Thanks for voting!

No comments: