Monday, October 26, 2009

Legal Filings

I spoke with the Hermosa Beach City Clerk's office today. The Clerk is out of town, and I am expecting a call back from the Deputy Clerk, but I was told The Coalition of 20 Words did not file its Form 460 by the legal deadline last Thursday.  The Form 460 discloses the individuals involved and money contributions to groups that get involved in politics.  I asked what the consequences were for not filing by the legal deadline, and I was told that there can be a small fine, but that the person may or may not get fined.  If I park on the wrong side of the street on street sweeping day, there is a 100% chance that I will get a ticket.  But apparently subverting the Democratic process of American Elections doesn't rise to the level seriousness of Obstructing a Street Sweeper.  I guess the City has to choose it's battles.

And I have confirmed that Roger Bacon, stripmall owner, is behind the Coalition.  More to follow on him.

No comments: